“Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.”
Colossians is one of my favorite books of the Bible, and chapter 2 verses 6&7 was one of the very first sermons I ever preached. These two verses are a simple but powerful encouragement to the church. I believe they can have great impact on you as you walk through your present circumstances whether they are messy or squeaky clean.
Here are some of the key things to remember from these two verses.
· Make your relationship with God personal – This is your relationship with God; not your parents, not your spouse’s or even your kids. You must receive Him as Lord!
· Keep walking in Him – Even on the days when you don’t feel like it or you may even have questions or be angry, keep walking life out with Him. He will not disappoint.
· Deepen your roots – Deep roots keep us from falling over. Deep roots give us great nourishment and help us bear fruit (read Psalm 1)
· Allow Jesus to build in your life – There will be stumbling blocks that turn into building blocks when you let Jesus work on you and in you instead of trying to control everything in your life.
· Develop your faith – Jesus told us about the faith of a mustard seed. A mustard seed is very small but grows into something large. Taking small steps of faith will help strengthen your faith; because when you learn to trust God with the small things, it makes it easier to trust Him with the big things.
· Be thankful – When you cultivate a heart of gratitude, you can face anything because you walk in confidence knowing that everything in your life comes from or flows through the hand of God. He can take every stumbling block and turn it into a building block.
Whatever is happening in your life, just remember there is nothing so big that God can’t handle it. So don’t panic…just remember…He’s got this!